The European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU) is hiring an Organising and Campaigns Officer !
EPSU is a pan-European trade union organisation representing workers in local and national administration, health and social services and energy, water and waste sectors. Their members work in the public, non-profit and private sectors.
Our partner is recruiting an experienced Organising and Campaigns Officer to support national trade union organising and recruitment strategies in Eastern Europe and to strengthen the voice and influence of public service workers. The successful candidate will join two recently appointed Officers to complete their organising team for Eastern Europe.
Main Responsibilities (with indicative % of time):
- Provide support and advice to EPSU/PSI members in Eastern Europe regarding their organising, recruitment and membership strategies (70%)
- Develop and maintain contacts with members and potential EPSU/PSI members (15%)
- Contribute to EPSU/PSI work, campaigns and activities (15%)
- Experience of developing and running initiatives to increase and strengthen trade union membership and engagement
- Experience of campaigns
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Russian. Knowledge and/or willingness to learn other Eastern European languages will be an advantage.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Based in (or able to move to) a country in Eastern Europe
- Able to travel extensively
Download the job description here.
For more information on EPSU please consult their website at: http://www.epsu.org